Trust service according to Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the Europian Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC, means an electronic service normally provided for remuneration which consists of:
- the creation, verification, and validation of electronic signatures, electronic seals or electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery services and certificates related to those services, or
- the creation, verification and validation of certificates for website authentication; or
- the preservation of electronic signatures, seals or certificates related to those services;
Qualified trust service means a trust service that meets the applicable requirements laid down in this Regulation.
Information from the field of trust services published by the EU Commission includes:
- General information on trust services,
- Information intended particularly for trust service providers,
- Informative display of trust services and their qualified status in the national trusted lists of particular states.
See national legislation on Trust Services.