On March 9, 2018, there was published the Act on cybersecurity in the Collection of Laws under the number 69/2018. This is the first legal norm governing the cybersecurity within the Slovak Republic. It comes into force on April 1, 2018.
The Act establishes minimum security and notification requirements with the aim to provide cybersecurity and it regulates:
- Jurisdiction of public administration bodies in the area of cybersecurity,
- National strategy of cybersecurity,
- Cybersecurity Single Information System,
- Status and obligations of the operator of essential services and digital service provider,
- Organisation and competencies of CIRT units,
- Education and awareness building,
- Inspection mechanisms and sanctions.
The new Act transposes European directive on network and information security (NIS Directive) into Slovak legal order.